Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Darling Donkeys

 Although I am thoroughly enjoying making Christmas cards, today I decided to take a break for some donkeys.  Yes, donkeys.

One of the new SAB (Sale-a-bration) offerings this year is a stamp set featuring donkeys, the cutest, darlingest little donkeys!

I couldn't decide which little donkey to feature so I chose them all and added them to a slim line card.


Aren't they cute?

The Early Espresso card base is 9 b y 7" (there are other slim line sizes but I like this one) scored at 3 1/2" on the  7" side to form a 3 1/2 by 9" card base.

On that I layered a 3 1/4 by 8 3/4" piece of Autumn Splendor DSP and then the 3 by 8 1/2 piece of Whisper White upon which the donkeys are stamped and coloured.

Usually I colour with Stampin' Blends, but for these little guys I used water colour pencils and a blender pen.

Various sentiments from the stamp set were stamped on a separate piece of Whisper White, cut into smaller pieces and each donkey was given their own sentiment.


I used many Smokey Slate for this guy.  Don't you love the rose in his mouth?


For this fun loving heel kicking guy I used Early Espresso with Black highlights.



I combined Smoky Slate and Basic Gray for this little sad looking (actually he looks like he's flirting) donkey.


Supplies Used:

Stamp:  Darling Donkey

Inks:  Watercolour pencils, Black Memento, Basic Gray

Papers:  Early Espresso Whisper White, Autumn Splendor DSP

No comments: