Thursday, September 10, 2020

Forever Fern Shadow Stamping



Today was a perfect day to make a card using sponging and shadow stamping. Lately I have had a compulsion for all things sponging, and today I combined my desire for sponging with a technique I have not done in a while- shadow stamping.


Shadow stamping means just that. The same image is stamped twice - once with a darker ink, and the second with a lighter ink, or an embossed image.

Using one of the images from "Forever Ferns", I stamped it the first time with  Black Memento ink, and after cleaning the stamp, I used Versa Mark to stamp the image a second time but this time slightly above the original image and embossing it with white embossing powder.(the image stamped in Black Memento thus became the shadow of the embossed image)

I repeated this a second time.

Then the fun part began for me - the sponging.

Using Crumb Cake ink, I sponged under and around the image, going from darker under the branches and becoming progressively lightly  away from the image..  When finished, I added some Crumb Cake dots randomly throughout the background. using the dot stamp from Forever Ferns. The sentiment was stamped next to the shaded images



The finished image was then die cut with the Stitched Rectangle die, and added it to a piece of Crumb Cake card stock die cut with a larger rectangle die and then embossed with the Texture Embossing Folder.

Before adding it to the Thick Whisper White card stock base, some 1/2" woven ribbon was added at the bottom of the image piece, with a matching bow added to the center.

The inside of the card was finished as indicated in picture below.


Supplies used:
Stamp:  Forever Fern
Inks:  Black Mementos, Crumb Cake, Versamark
Papers: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White,  Crumb Cake
Accessories: Stitched rectangle dies, Texture Embossing  folder, White embossing powder. 1/2” open weave vanilla ribbon






No comments: