Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Positive Thoughts Birthday - The Paper Players #497

Yesterday was a perfect day to spend in the garden and I completed a task I have been avoiding for quite some time - empty the composter. The sun was hot but these was limited humidity and where I was working was under a large shady tree.

For some time now the composter in the back corner of the yard was listing to one side, much like the leaning tower of Pisa. Every time I looked at my flower bed my eye was drawn to this off kilter yard waste collection item.  It really annoyed me.

So, today was the day. And I was rewarded with a wheel barrow full of rich soil which I distributed to my very happy flowers.  And the composter now sits straight no longer offending my sense of order and balance.

Which brings me to this card, the elements of which were inspired by my time spent in my garden.  It was made for the sketch challenge at The Paper Players

It was positive thoughts that got the onerous task of emptying the composter completed, and it was the "Positive Thoughts" stamp set that helped me make the card.




Some of the new 2020-2022 In-colours provided the colour scheme for this birthday card- Magenta Madness, Misty Moonlight, and Just Jade.

The Whisper White card base is layered with Magenta Madness DSP with a Whisper White insert embossed with the Ornate flower embossing folder.  Before adding the art piece, a strip of Misty Moonlgiht was added towards the left edge from the top to the bottom of the card.

On the Whisper White art piece which is matted with Magenta Madness card stock, is an arrangement of stamped/die cut images from the Positive Thoughts stamp set. Dimensionals are used to adhere this to the card front.



I used the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch for the first time to make a label and a mat for the label for the birthday sentiment.  It is added below the art piece using dimensionals.



Magenta Madness enamel dot embellishments complete the card.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Positive Thoughts, Itty Bitty Birthday
Inks:  Misty Moonlight, Magenta Madness, Jade Green
Papers: Whisper White, Magenta Madness DSP, Misty Moonlight
Accessories:  Ornate flower embossing folder, Lovely Labels Pick a Punch, Nature's Thoughts Die, In Color 2020= 2022 Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

I just love this beautiful color combo! The flower and butterfly are just lovely on your birthday wishes! SO happy you joined my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

You DID have a productive day! Gardening - Check! Gorgeous card - check! Love the garden-on-a-card that you've created for us! And the colors pop perfectly. Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week at The Paper Players! :)