Tuesday, February 4, 2020

By the Dock of the Bay Birthday

This masculine stamp set came in my order yesterday and I was anxious to 'play' with it.  I have been waiting a long time for masculine art work i.e. something that could be coloured.  I do love colouring as this is an activity I can do even if I am not feeling well

As what is usually happening these days, the card I envisioned in my mind was not the card I finished. Simply stamping is starting to make an impression on me.


I love the 'foggy' look of this card.  It reminds me of walks by the river/lake with the early morning mist rising off the water. This was not an intentional look.  I started brayering the area that would be water and only noticed the foggy effect when I went to ink up the sponge.  Fortunately I knew when to stop.

Balmy Blue ink was used to Brayer the water on a piece of Whisper White card stock, and  the same colour was used to stamp the waves.

The dock and shore were stamped on a separate piece of cardstock and coloured with Stampin' Blends after they were die cut with the coordinating dies. The shore was stamped and die cut twice so that it would extend across the bottom of the card. I also stamped and die cut a cute little frog. Do you see it at the bottom of the image piece?


The dock and frog were added with dimensionals after which I stamped some waves parallel to the dock.  The sea gulls were stamped directly onto the art piece as was the fish sticking its head out of the water.

The boat and a pair of oars were also coloured and die cut but I decided not use them for this card.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  By the Dock
Inks:  Black Memento, Stampin' Blends (Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Smoky Slate- both light and dark for the dock; Old Olive for the grass and the frog and Sahara Sand for the shore line).  Balmy Blue and Pacific Point for the water.
Papers:  Whisper White, Soft Suede
Accessories:  Dockside dies, Dimensionals, Brayer

No comments: