Wednesday, September 25, 2019

A Foxy Birthday

My nephew was born on Christmas Day.
My sister always had a difficult time finding a birthday card for him.  I used to hear the same story when I was doing craft shows.  Family members would come to my booth asking me in a resigned sort of way if I had any birthday cards for a family member sharing a birthday with Christmas.

This card is for all those special people who share a birthday with/or around Christmas



The base card of this card is Blueberry Bliss card stock.  Usually if I am using a dark blue I select Night of Navy, but for some reason I chose Blueberry Bliss instead.  And I'm happy I did because I like this brighter  blue better.'

Next I die cut a frame in Basic Black card stock,  using the second and fourth largest stitched rectangle dies.

Finally, I die cut the Whisper White art piece using the fourth largest of the Stitched Rectangle dies.

On this art piece, I first stamped the birch trees and then the Fox.  The Fox is from the "Nature's Beauty" stamp set.

I painted the birch trees with white acrylic paint and then used a Stampin' Smokey Slate marker to shade the left side.  The markings on the trees were highlighted with a fine tipped marker.

Colouring the fox was a bit  trickier, but after looking a few pictures I was able to figure it out. Using my watercolour pencils, I first coloured the fox with Crushed Curry, following by Cajun Craze, leaving the cheeks and chest area, as well as the tip of the tail, white.



The sky was coloured with various shades of blue - Balmy Blue followed by Blueberry Bliss and finally Pacific Point. All were blended together using a blender pen.  The snowflakes were painted with white acrylic paint on the end of a paint brush.

The sentiment is from "Itty Bitty Birthdays"

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Nature's Beauty, Itty Bitty Birthdays
Inks:  Black Memento, Crushed Cutty, Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Balmy Blue, Blueberry Bliss, Pacific Point water colour pencils,  and Smokey Slate, Basic Black Blends
Papers:  Blueberry Bliss, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangle Dies, White acrylic paint, Blender Pen

No comments: