Saturday, July 13, 2019

Making backgrounds with Stampin' Blends -plus tutorial

This morning I played with some of the Stampin' Blendabilities, creating some stunning backgrounds on glossy card stock, three or which are below.




Four years ago I wrote a tutorial on how to make backgrounds using Blendabilites.  That was before the alcohol markers were pulled by Stampin' Up because they were drying up prematurely.  See the tutorial here

Now we have Stampin' Blendabilities which are also alcohol markers and I used them to create backgrounds. Unfortunately SU no longer carries glossy card stock.  I tried doing this technique using regular card stock with not much success.

I stamped images on some of them, and on others I applied texture paste using a stencil. The others will be samples for a special request class on the 29th of July.



This is super easy to do, but a bit messy.  Wearing gloves is suggested.

No comments: