Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Expecting a Baby - The Paper Players #438

This week the challenge at The Paper Players is a Clean and Simple one using the Paper Piecing technique.

Clean and simple is not one of my strong points. Leaving my cards clean and simple actually create anxiety in me, so I fuss and fuss until I feel better.

Today I challenged myself to create something that is clean and simple - for me.  I hope it meets the criteria for the challenge at The Paper Players




It's a boy, so I paper pieced blue gingham DSP on mom-to-be's attire.  The rest of her was coloured with water colour pencils.

The art piece was die using a stitched rectangular die and matted with a larger Balmy blue stitched rectangular die cut.  This was added to a matching Balmy Blue gingham background leaving a large border of white.  This was added to a Whisper White card base.


The sentiment and corrugated mat are from the April, 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit.

Along the left side I added a double bow made from the Balmy Blue Organza ribbon (retired SAB)

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Wonderful Moments, Paper Pumpkin April 2019
Inks:  Black Memento, water colour pencils, Balmy Blue
Papers:  Balmy Blue, Whisper White, Balmy Blue Gingham DSP
Accessories:  Stitched rectangular dies, 1/4" Balmy Blue organza ribbon (retired SAB)

2 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Maria you are not alone in finding clean and simple a challenge! I love your mum-to-be card though; the layering is subtle and the attention to detail in aligning the gingham pattern makes it very easy on the eye. And you couldn't resist adding a bow too! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

CAS is very difficult for me, too! This is such a precious card. I know the Mommy to Be will cherish it. I love the paper pieced dress! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX