Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Wishing You Well - Yellow Lasting Lily

Sometimes you need a card to give to someone who is struggling, but doesn't need a sympathy card.  This card is perfect for that.

I love yellow lilies, but I like some purple or berry colour in the throat and edges of the bloom, so I tried to create that with sponging.

This card was a little more work because after stamping and colouring the flower, stem and leaves, I fussy cut them.  I wanted to use the ovals as a background with the flowers emerging above and below,

The card base is Mossy Meadow, layered with Very Vanilla.  On the left side I adhered a 2 by 5" strip of "Tea Time" DSP.  The colours in the DSP coordinate with the colours of the Lily beautifully.
On each side of the DSP I adhered some of the yellow organza ribbon, another SAB product.

An oval was die cut in Very Vanilla using the layering oval framelits.  It was matted with a slightly larger scallop oval.  The two ovals were adhered together using dimensionals.

On a separate piece of Whisper White the Lily blooms were stamped using Pineapple Punch; the stem and leaves in Mossy Meadow.  I used the stamparatus just in case I needed to add more colour to the images.  Amazingly I was able to get the colour I wanted in just one go around.  Each flower part was fussy cut and set aside.  I sponged the edges , base, and throat of the flower with Rich Razzelberry ink; the stem and leaves with Mossy Meadow ink and a finger dauber.  They were then adhered over the oval as indicated in the picture.  A bow was made in the same organza ribbon as on the card front and adhered just below the larger bloom with a glue dot.


The sentiment is from this stamp set and is neutral enough to be used for a variety of occasions not necessarily sympathy.

To finish the card I added 3 gold faceted gems on the upper right.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Lasting Lily
Inks:  Pineapple Punch, Rich Razzelberry, Mossy Meadow
Papers:  Mossy Meadow, Very Vanilla, Whisper White
Accessories:  Layering Ovals, Dimensionals, Daffodil Delight Organza Ribbon, Gold Faceted Gems

No comments: