Thursday, January 10, 2019

Recycling a Christmas Card

It's a shame that more people do not mail Christmas cards any more.  I received some, but not as many as I used to.  So, the ones I do receive are special, so I like to recycle the into another useful item.

The card I recycled had a large Santa with a bag on his back.  The card reminded me of a gift a client  gave me - treat box made of two wooden Santas back to back with a box in between.

So, unashamedly I copied it.

Here's my version next to the original treat box


 Close up of front of treat box

I fussy cut Santa from the card and glued it to a piece of card board, then fussy cut around the card board.
To make the back, I traced the Santa I had cut from the card onto some card board and then cut that image out.  The front, and then the back were adhered to some DSP and cut out.  The edges were sponged with Real Red ink.

Side view showing box to hold treats.

A 5 1/4 by 2 1/2" of Real Red card stock was scored at 1/4" on each of the long sides, and at 1 3/4 and 3".  This was used to form the box in between the Santas.

All I need now are the treats.

No comments: