Sunday, January 6, 2019

Lovely Lattice Easel Anniversary

I thought this week I would make some cards with folds.  It's been awhile since I've done that.

Today I'm placing an art piece made with the SAB stamp set "Lovely Lattice" on an Easel Card.  I love the Lovely Lattice stamp set, because, not unlike the "Peaceful Place" stamp set, it can be used many different ways.

For this card I am satisfying my urge to colour with Stampin' Blends.

Front view

Side view



There are many tutorial available to make this type of card fold and to refresh my memory I used the one at Splitcoaststampers although you can check on Pinterest and you will find a plethora of tutorials

The card base is a 4 1/4 by 11" piece of Lovely Lipstick card stock scored at  5 1/2 and 8.  Another piece of 4 1/4 by 5 1/2" piece of Lovely Lipstick was used to build the art piece on.

Using the Stamparatus and a 4 by 3" piece of Whisper White card stock, I stamped the image using Black Memento ink.  I so loved that I did not have to worry about the stamp falling off the glass plate as this is one of the new cling stamps.

I love colouring.  It's probably my most favourite activity  - especially with the Stampin' Blends. The flowers were coloured with both Light and  Dark Lovely Lipstick.  Shading was done using the  Balmy  Blue Stampin' Blend.  Daffodil Delight and a fine tip Basic Black marker were used to color the center of the card.
.
The leaves were coloured with Old Olive (light) and shaded with Blue.  I removed some of the color on the leaves using the Color Lifter and added Daffodil Delight.

I also used the Color Lifter to remove some of the colour on the petals making the flowers looks much more realistic.

Using the fine tip glue pen I added a thin layer of clear glue around the petals and then added Dazzling Diamonds.  Wow, does this make the flowers  sparkle!

The Lattice was lightly coloured with Light Sea Foam Green and again I used the color lifter to remove some of the color.  Then I added some Clear Wink of Stella.

The art piece was matted with a   piece of Lovely Lipstick cardstock.  This was adhered to the embossed layer of the 4 1/4 by 5 1/2" Lovely Lipstick.  The Whisper White layer was embossed with the Lattice embossing folder and I placed small pink rhinestones in the cross areas of the tufts.

To keep the card open I added a "kick plate" near the front of the card.  On this elevation I added the sentiment and a button with some ribbon wound through the eyes.




Before adhering this art piece to the 4 1/4 by 3 1/4"" piece of Lovely Lipstick, I adhered a piece of retired 1/8" white organza ribbon near the bottom and tied it into a bow.

Easel cards lie flat so they fit into an envelope for mailing.



Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Lovely Lattice
Inks:  Black Memento, Stampin' Blends (Lovely Lipstick - light and dark), Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, So Soft Sea, Color Lifter)
Papers:  Lovely Lipstick, Whisper White
Accessories:  Tufted embossing folder, Small pink rhinestones, 1/8" white organza ribbon, Dazzling diamonds, Fine tip liquid glue, clear vintage button , 1" circle punch, dimensionals




.




No comments: