Friday, January 25, 2019

Gears Happy Birthday - SUO Challenge # 215

The challenge this month at SUO Challenges is "birthdays", a timely challenge for me because I have a lot of birthdays in the next two months.  There were 3 family members celebrating birthdays on the same day!

Cards for guys have always been a challenge, but with the new "Geared Up Garage" with the coordinating framelits plus DSP this task is much easier.

The colours for this card were easy to pick.  I  selected the DSP I first, and chose my colour palette from that.  Not only did I choose my colour palette, but I was also able to use the coordinate framelets to die cut images directly from the DSP.  I did that for all the cog gears and the gas can  The cars were also obtained directly from the DSP, only I fussy cut them, although I realized later  that I could have used the framelits. Alternately I could have stamped the images and then die cut them.

This Tranquil Tide Z Fold card base is 5 1/2 by 11" scored at 5 1/2 and again at 8".  The 1 1/4" by 11" band is also scored the same.

Each of the sections is layered with Very Vanilla and then one of 3 patterns of the DSP.  The band is also layered with Very Vanilla and then mainly gray DSP which was embossed with the Maps etc Embossing folder.



All cardstock, DSP, die cut and punched images were sponged with Basic Gray ink.  This was the most labour intensive part of this card.

The birthday sentiment is from "Better Together".  It is stamped in Tranquil Tide ink and then punched using the Everyday Labels punch.



One of the cars was adhered to the band; the second on the back portion of the car. The die cut cog wheels were placed on different locations and a car key metal element is added by each car.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Geared Up Garage, Better Together
Inks:  Tranquil Tide, Basic Gray
Papers:  Tranquil Tide. Very Vanilla, Geared Garage DSP
Accessories:  Maps etc Embossing Folder, Classic Garage Metal Elements, Gear Garage Framelits, Everyday Label Punch

5 comments:

Christy Lynn said...

I love this, it's awesome! This suite is definitely on my wish list--it'll be perfect for making cards for my car-crazy dad, brother, and 2-year-old son. Thanks so much for playing along at SUO Challenges!

Jane Allmark Crafting With Jane said...

Great card. I love the way you have used so many of the elements in this suite. Classic car in the black is fab x

Renee Daley said...

I love your card! The z-fold looks great with the classic car. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges this week.

Vicki Burdick said...

Awesome masculine card, love the z-fold! Thanks for playing along at SUO Challenges!

Julia said...

The z fold shows off all the amazing details of this awesome suite! Great card. This is perfect for our fun Birthday Challenge. So glad you joined in the fun with us at SUO Challenges.