Sunday, December 9, 2018

Another Post Card Pal - Just a Note

Christmas dinner is now over and I'm exhausted from the drive.  It didn't help that I got lost because there is so much new construction in the area I didn't recognize familiar landmarks any more.  My GPS was no help and kept trying to direct me into open fields.  That's what I get for not updating my GPS.
Fortunately the roads were clear and dry and the sun was shining - a beautiful day really.

After resting up a bit I finished the card I started the other day - the 3rd card in the Post card pal series.  Today's card features an eager beaver waiting to mail  a note  (Let's hope there's no mail strike).

On a Rich Razzelberry card base, I added a Whisper White layer embossed with the Falling dots     embossing folder. I added some DSP (dot pattern) matted with Rich Razzelberry card stock on the upper left.


Before adhering the embossed layer to the card base some 1/4" Rich Razzelberry velvet ribbon was added near the bottom.

The image, coloured with water colour pencils and Stampin' blends, was die cut with the Starburst framelits (retired).  A similar sized circle using the layering circle framelits was die cut from the Timeless Texture DSP (Rich Razzelberry pattern).  The two circles were off set from each other, adhered together and  then added to the card front using dimensionals.


Supplies Used:
Stamp: Postcard Pals
Inks:  Black Memento, Watercolor Pencils, Stampin' Blends
Papers:
  • Rich Razzelberry 5 1/2 by 4 1/4" (card base)
  • Whisper White 4 by 5 1/4"
  • Timeless Texture DSP (dot pattern) 3 1/2 by 2"
  • Rich Razzelberry card stock 3 3/4 by 2 1/4" (mat for DSP)
  • Timeless Texture DSP (solid rich Razzelberry) 2 7/8" circle
  • Whisper White 2 7/8" Starburst circle
  • Scrap of Whisper White for sentiment
  • Scrap of Rich Razzelberry for sentiment mat
Accessories:  Starburst Framelits (retired), Layering circle framelits, Classic word label punch, Falling dots embossing folder, Dimensionals, Blender pen

No comments: