Monday, September 3, 2018

Love Never Melts

The snowmen couple is soooooo cute!  And the caption for them is perfect.

My only problem when I was stamping them was - what were they looking at?  I suppose there's nothing more romantic than looking out a window at the stars- so that's the scenario I created for this card.

After colouring the couple, I fussy cut them and laid them aside while I created the window looking out at the stars.

Using the retired windows framelit, I die cut a window in some Wood Texture DSP and adhered a window sheet behind it.  Then on a piece of Night of Navy card stock that fit precisely behind the window, I white embossed some stars, using a stamp from "Waterfront".  This I then adhered behind the window.

The card base is Crumb Cake card stock, layered with Whisper White embossed with the Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder.

At the bottom I adhered the log pattern of the Wood Texture DSP cutting the top in an irregular manner, and cutting a place for the snowmen to sit.  Then another piece of the log DSP, cut into a strip of logs, was added on top of the other using dimensionals, making a seat for the two love birds.

The window was adhered above the logs, and the final placement was determined after the two snowmen were seated.  The snowmen were adhered with dimensionals looking out the window.  A spring of Holly and Ivy was placed on the upper right of the window.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Spirited Snowmen, Waterfront
Inks:  Black Memento, Blends to color the snowmen, Versa Mart
Papers:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Wood Texture DSP, Night of Navy, Early Espresso
Accessories:  Window Framelit (Retired), White embossing powder, Window Sheet, Dimensionals, Swirls & Curls Embossing folder

1 comment:

suenurseperson said...

Love this! It is a keeper !!
Sue