Friday, August 17, 2018

My First Christmas Card

Usually by now I have the majority of my Christmas cards made by now, but for some reason I've been really slow getting started.  Maybe it's the horrible heat outside.

Yesterday I received the Blended Seasons Stamp set and coordinated framelits and couldn't wait to make a card using these products.  I didn't start out to make a Christmas card, but that's what it ended up being.

This flower could be multiseasonal, however, when I was finished colouring it with the new blendabilities it felt decidedly Christmasy.

I stamped the image on Whisper White with Black Memento ink, and coloured the flowers with the two shades of Real Red blendabilites, with Daffodil Delight in the center.  To provide extra depth in the center of the flower, I added some light blue blendability on top of the red.  For the leaves I used the two shades of Granny Apple Green.  Once finished, I used a light Pool Party blendabilites to lightly color around the entire flower.

The flower was die cut using the largest of the stitched framelits, and before removing the framelit I used a flat paint brush to apply light Soft Sea Green ink around the edges.

The card base is Real Red, layered with Whisper White embossed with Starburst Embossing folder.  On the left side is a plaid pattern from "Under the Mistletoe" DSP with 1/4" satin Real Red ribbon added along the edge.

The die cut image was adhered to the card front using dimensionals.

The sentiment was cut into two words , matted with real Red card stock and added to the right image.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Blended Seasons
Inks:  Black Memento, Blendabilities (Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Pool Party), 
Papers:  Real Red, Whisper White, Under the Mistletoe DSP
Accessories:  Starburst Embossing Folder, Stitched Season Framelits, Dimensionals, Real Red Enamel dots, 1/4" satin Real Red ribbon, 1/8" Real Red ribbon

1 comment:

Jane said...

Beautifully coloured as usual Maria.