Thursday, August 2, 2018

Daisy Punch Dress

I always like to get the most and different uses for my punches.
This was one use which really surprised and delighted me.  I saw this use in a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers here where the punch was used to make a fancy skirt.

The image was stamped on a separate piece of Whisper White, coloured with a Berry Burst marker and then fussy cut.
The Petal Promenade DSP was punched four times with the Daisy Punch and each of the petals were cut off.
Starting at the waist, the petals were adhered to the torso using tombo glue only on the tip of each petal, each petal overlapping or tucked underneath the previous one. I used a skewer to curl the tip of each petal up to give the dress more fullness.
When finished I added the lady I the skirt to a piece of embossed Whisper White card stock, which was the layer to a Berry Burst card base.
Then I added a row of pearls to the waist, and then to the tip of each petal on the skirt.

A 5/8" Berry Burst ribbon and bow were added to the top; the binotched sentiment is from the same stamp set

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Beautiful You
Inks:  Black Memento, Berry Burst Marker, Powder Pink Marker
Papers:  Berry Burst, Whisper White, Petal Promenade DSP
Accessories:  Daisy Punch, Stripes and scallops Embossing folder, 5/8" Berry Burst ribbon

1 comment:

Jane said...

What a great idea.