Sunday, January 7, 2018

BRRR - It's colder than the Antartica!!

This morning when I woke up it was minus 28 degrees C. with a wind chill of minus 35.  It's warmer in the Antartica  than it here in Southern Ontario.

I got this cute little Penguin with Ear Muffs on for Christmas- a perfect stamp for a chilly winter day.  The title BRR says it all.

Previously I had experimented with making backgrounds with Brusho Crystal Colour, and I used one of them for this project using it as a backdrop for my cute little Penguin.

Background:
I used Prussian Blue, Moss Green, Gamboge, and Yello crystals to create the background on watercolor paper and die cut it with a circle framelit. It was matted with a Dazzling Diamond scallop circle.
Before adding the Penguin, I added some Glimmer Texture paste at the bottom to simulate snow.  Then using one of the new decorative masks, I added some more Glimmer Texture paste in the sky to make it look like it was snowing.  While the paste was drying, I coloured the Penguin.

After stamping the Ear Muffed Penguin (from Frog's Whiskers), he was coloured with Stampin Blendabilities (Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler for the ear muffs; Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie for the nose and feet; Smoky Slate for the body)  I added some extra black using a Basic Black marker.

After fussy cutting him I added him to the prepared background with dimensionals and applied 3D Crystal Lacquer to the body.

The basic card has a 5 by 5"  Island Indigo base layered with Whisper White embossed with the Woodlands embossing folder.  I lightly sponged this with Soft Suede ink to bring out the details of the birch trees.
I had some background left over, so I attached it to a strip of Dazzling Diamond glimmer paper and added it horizontally across the card. Some silver Baker's twine was wrapped around it and tied in a knot at the right side.

The art piece was added to the card front using dimensionals.

I  stamped the letters BRR using the Hand Lettered Alphabet stamps set , added each letter to a piece of Island Indigo card stock and placed them on the right side of the card.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Ear Muff Penguin (Frog's Whiskers), Hand Lettered Alphabet (SU)
Inks:  Black Memento, Stampin' Blendabilities, Black Marker,  Brusho crystals for background, Soft Suede
Papers;  Whisper White, Island Indigo, Dazzling Diamond Glimmer Paper
Accessories:  Woodlands Embossing Folder, Circle and Scallop circle framelits, Shimmer Texture Paste, Decorative Mask, 3D Crystal Lacquer, snowflake punch, Silver Baker's twine, Dimensionals


I am entering this card in the following challenges:

                       The Male Room Challenge New Beginnings
                        Simon Says :  something new
                        Shopping Our Stash: Watercoloring
                        Little Red Wagon:  Winter Wonderland      


No comments: