Friday, November 10, 2017

Cowabanga!! Happy Birthday Dude

The Ninja Turtles were popular a decade or so ago, but there are still young boys who are fascinated by these mighty and fierce warriors.

I was asked to make a birthday card for a young boy who was fascinated with the "Blue Ninja Turtle".  Well, it's been a while since I researched anything related to the Ninja Turtles, after all my children are adults and its not something my Grand children are "into". So I had a task ahead of me. 

Fortunately the internet is full of very helpful information related to this topic.  I wanted to make sure I got the colouring of the "Blue Ninja Turtle" as accurate as possible.

Here's what I came up with:


I found a cut out of the body parts a Ninja Turtle on one of the Ninja Turtle sites as well as some pictures of the "Turtles".  So it was easy enough to colour the body, arms and legs as accurately as possible.

After colouring the parts, I cut them out and adhered the arms and legs to the body with brads- so yes, the arms and legs do move. Before adding them I sponged all edges with Basic Gray ink. Some Crystal Effects applied to the eyes made them come to life .  The completed "Blue" Turtle was added to a Daffodil Delight oval with dimensionals. A band of Pacific Point was adhered around the outside of this oval.

Again I used the internet to find smaller versions of the 4 turtles, copied and pasted them and printed them onto Whisper White card stock. Cowabanga I had made my own DSP which, after trimming, I matted with Pacific Point card stock and then  adhered this to  the card front. All edges again were sponged with Basic Gray ink.

The card base is Garden Green card stock, layered with Daffodil Delight.

The sentiment was stamped from "Happy Happenings" on Whisper White, matted with Pacific Point and added to the lower card front with dimensionals.

What's a birthday card without balloons?

So, I punched 3 balloons using the Balloon Builder punch - one large, and two smaller ones (in Pacific Point and Daffodil Delight). I embossed them with the polka dot embossing folder before adding them to the card front.

Here's the inside of the card:

So, Happy Birthday Little Dude!!

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Happy Happening (Retired)
Inks:  Black Memento, Basic Gray, Stampin' Blend markers, Pacific Point and Basic Black marker, White gel pen
Papers:  Garden Green, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Accessories:  Ninja Turtle body parts template, Crystal Effects, Balloon Builder punch, Polka Dot embossing folder (retired). Oval framelits.


No comments: