Sunday, July 16, 2017

You've Got Style Create with Connie & Mary # 466

The ladies in the stamp set "You've Got Style" just make me chuckle, so it was inevitable that I would use one of them for a sketch challenge.  The sketch I used was the inspirational one with CCM #466 here


CCMC466


The image was stamped with Black Memento and coloured with markers and a blender pen.  Some Wink of Stella was applied to her jewellery.

The layering oval framelits was used to die cut this dancing lady, and a larger Bermuda Bay scalloped oval was die cut as a mat.  But, instead of placing the image over the mat, I shifted the image over to one end of the scallop edge.

The sentiment was die cut with the stitched circle framelit and also matted with a scallop Bermuda Bay die cut. Before adding this to the card front, I wound some gold metallic thread around my fingers and adhered it under the sentiment piece with a dimensional.  I must admit that  I'm not good at this, especially now that my hand is in a splint following thumb surgery.

The basic Bermuda Bay A2 card was layered with Whisper White card stock embossed with the Ruffles embossing folder.  Just below the middle, I added a 3/4" strip of Bermuda Bay cardstock to which is attached a piece of Delightful Dijon (retired) punched with the new ribbon border punch.

The focal image is attached to the card front using dimensionals, as is the sentiment circle.

Three pearls were added to the upper right.

Supplies Used: 
Stamps:  You've Got Style
Inks:  Black Memento, Markers (Bermuda Bay, Delightful Dijon (retired), Powder Pink
Papers:  Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Delightful Dijon
Accessories:  Clear Wink of Stella, Layering Oval Framelits, Round Stitched Franelits, Gold metallic thread, Ribbon border punch, dimensionals, Pearls, Ruffles embossing folder

No comments: