Friday, June 2, 2017

An Under Sea Birthday - Fab Friday #113

This is my card for the sketch challenge with Fab Friday #113

The topic for this card was made at the request of a client who wishes to make a card of a similar nature for a male friend.

This  masculine birthday card featuring an under sea turtle was made using two stamp sets:  From Land to Sea, and Seaside Shores.  I also used some retired DSP.


For my card I flipped the sketch onto its side.  I did this because the DSP I used (and I had only a small piece left) had the waves going from left to right and would only fit on the card if I flipped the sketch.

The image was stamped onto Whisper White card stock with two other turtles stamped very lightly above and below it.  It was colored with a blender pen and the following colors:  Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, and Always Artichoke. The background was sponged with Marina Mist and Dapper Denim, and stamped with the Timeless Texture stamp.  Some air bubbles emerging from the turtle were hand drawn using a black marker.


The image was die cut using the layering circle framelit and adhered to the card front using dimensionals.

The basic card is Dapper Denim, layered with Very Vanilla and then Seaside DSP (retired). A 3/4" strip of Dapper Denim notched at both ends was adhered to the middle, and on the top edge of that was attached a 1/4" of DSP.  The art piece was adhered to this.

On the left side of the circle, I adhered some sea grass that was cut out with a fish that I cut out of the Seaside DSP weaving in and out of this.

To finish the card I added some black, white and silver sequins.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  From Land to Sea, Seaside Shore, Timeless Texture
Inks: Black Memento, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Dapper Denim
Papers:  Dapper Denim, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Seaside DSP (Retired)
Accessories:  Layering circle framelit, small oval punch (retired), Modern word label punch, sequins, Wink of Stella, dimensionals.



No comments: