Monday, April 24, 2017

Building a Bouquet of In-Colorful Daisies

It was such a warm and sunny day today.  The first day that I could work outside in the garden.  And oh, it did feel so good to feel the sun on my cheeks, and hear the sounds of the birds in the nearby trees.

A couple of cardinals chirped back and forth; a pair of robins building a nest on top of my driveway sensor lights loudly and aggressively chased away any other birds who strayed too close to the nest. They didn't seem to mind me walking up to the nest and sweeping the debris from the driveway underneath though.

It was wonderful to feel the dirt on my fingers as I potted the Calla Lily and the Begonia bulbs I had over-wintered in the basement.  I also planted the Marigold seeds from a mature bloom I collected last fall.  I sure hope they germinate!

After working in the garden most of the day, it was natural that I should start making paper flowers. I used the new Daisy punch which will be available in June when the Annual Catalogue goes live.

I also used two of the new In-Colors- Fresh Fig and Berry Burst to ink the edges of each petal. My plan is to make other flowers colouring them with the other in-colours.

Because I need a bouquet of flowers.







These Daisy flowers were sponged with Fresh Fig with Daffodil Delight and Soft Suede in the center.

This Daisy was colored with Berry Burst ink.
 I made a different flower by punching 4 petals for each flower.  Two were adhered together alternating petals and the petals were shaped upwards; the other two were formed the same way but the petals were shaped in the opposite direction before adhering the two together.

The center is a stamen die cut in Basic Black cardstock using the botanical builders framelits.

The leaves were die cut with Old Olive card stock using the Flower Shop framelits (retired)

Stay tuned for flowers made with the other colors - and in different shapes as well.






No comments: