Sunday, February 26, 2017

Floral Affections Embossed Cards

Did you forget about these two embossing folders on Page 195 of the Annual Catalogue?  I must admit that I did. Most of my focus has been on the Occasions Catalogue and SAB - until yesterday.  I was organizing my embossing folders, and came across these two embossing folders and had to check in the catalogue to make sure they were current. These two folders 4 1/2 by 2 7/8" each called "Floral Affections" not only make quick cards, but  coordinate perfectly with the Affectionately Yours DSP.
In less than an hour I made the following 2 cards:

Birthday Card
To get the embossing above and below the die cut oval, I cut the oval first and then embossed above and below the oval in 2 separate steps. The layer is adhered to a same size whisper white layer using dimensionals, and then added to the Flirty Flamingo card stock base.
In the center is a stamped smaller oval matted with Flirty Flamingo cardstock. The sentient is from "Tin of Cards".
Flowers made using the Petite Petal punch with rhinestone centers are arranged around the oval.


For this card I applied Wink of Stella to the embossed flowers and put a Daffodil Delight candy dot in their centers. After matting with Sweet Sugarplum cardstock the image piece is adhered to the card front using dimensionals.  A Sweet Sugarplum base, layered with Whisper White card stock and then Sweet Sugarplum DSP completes this card.



No comments: