Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Card in a Box with Succulents

When I was making the Succulent plants I had an epiphany (in other words a thought- a brilliant thought)!  Why not decorate a card in a box with the Succulent die cuts including some of the SAB glimmer paper. So, that is what I proceeded to do.
I am very happy with the way the decorated card in a box turned out.  When I showed it to my son he looked at it and said "Wow, that's bright!"

It's probably bright because of the glitter from the SAB glimmer paper.  I actually had a difficult time taking a picture because very picture I took was over exposed.  The exposure of the picture above is not the way I like it but it's the best I could do.

The basic box is made using Mint Macaron card stock, and the panels are decorated with the Succulents DSP matted with Whisper White cardstock

To provide a place to write a message and/or place a sentiment on this card in a box, I placed a Whisper White panel behind the tall decorated panel.

Now comes the fun part - decorating.
This was done using the stamp set "Oh So Succulent" with its coordinating Succulent framelit/die set as well as the small butterfly punch.

This is a close up of the box  front The die cuts were adhered to  1/2 by 4" pieces of Window Sheets which were adhered to the inserts using a hot glue gun.  I tried glue dots but they did not hold well.


This is a side view.  On some of the panels I die cut some Whisper White stitched shapes and adhered the die cuts on that. I liked that better because the DSP is quite busy and the die cuts were getting lost in its busyness.

All the back panel needs right now is a message.

The card in a box, although it looks bulky and 3D actually folds flat and fits into a standard A2 envelope



Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Oh So Succulent
Inks: Black Memento, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzelberry, Old Olive, Garden Green, Tip Top Taupe
Papers: Mint Macaron, Whisper White, Succulent DSP, Calypso Coral, Glimmer Paper (Mint Macaron, Bermuda Bay, Sweet Sugarplum), Sweet Sugarplum, Tip Top Taupe
Accessories: Shaped Stitched Framelits, Succulent  Framelits/dies, Small butterfly punch, Window sheet, hot glue gun, glue dots, dimensionals, rhinestones

I have put together a tutorial, combining several tutorials that I have read, videos that I have seen on You Tube and pictures of cards in a box on Pinterest.  As mentioned at the beginning, this tutorial does not include decorating this card.

If you would like a copy of this tutorial FREE, make a comment on this post. Please indicate if you would like a copy and include your e-mail address.  I will send you a copy of this tutorial via an e-mail attachment.




No comments: