Monday, November 7, 2016

The Moon and a Sailboat

I made this card when the die cut of a sailboat fell out of a container which held die cuts I received from members of the Die Cut Exchange group. I picked up the sailboat and immediately visualized the boat silhouetted against a full moon.  So, I grabbed my inks, and my sponges and went to work.  This is what I came up.

After masking out the moon  the sky was sponged first with Night of Navy, then Marina Mist, and Pacific Point.  Some Crushed Curry was sponged into the sky and onto the water and after the mask was removed it was applied to the moon. A white gel pen was used to highlight waves in the water and the backwash from the sailboat.

The art piece was adhered to a Dazzling Diamond glimmer layer and silver tag twine was wrapped around both layers before it was adhered to a Night of Navy basic card base.

No comments: