Friday, November 25, 2016

Snow Place Light Card

I originally saw the Chibi lights used on a card on Pinterest and I was totally mesmerized.  But when I tried to buy them I found they were not available in Canada.  However, I did manage to track some down.
Anything electric intimidates me and creating a circuit to make this light work was very intimidating!!  However, I viewed this as a challenge!  So, I watched a few videos,  read the instructions in the kit, swallowed my fear and went to work.
This is what I came up with:

This is the card that was built up around the light.  If you look closely you can see a clear star at the top of the 3rd tree.  The light is behind the tree.
For the next card I will take a picture of the circuit I created using the contents of the Chibi lights kit, but I was so excited that the circuit actually worked that the thought never crossed my mind.  So stay tuned.

I turned the lights out so the Chibi light could be seen better.  The battery needs to be pressed to make the lights come on, so I put a sticker over that spot.  You can see my finger in the picture where the pressure needs to be placed.  Isn't that cool?

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Snow Place, Peaceful Pines, Greeting from Santa
Inks: Black Memento, markers (Read Red, Pumpkin Pie), Garden Green, Always Artichoke, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red, Dapper Denim, Versa Mark
Papers: Chibi Lights (non SU),  Dazzling Diamond glimmer paper, Whisper White,
Accessories: Dazzling diamonds, Liquid Applique (non SU), Dazzling diamonds, Snow Friends Framelits, Perfect Pines Framelits, Brayer, Dimensionals, clear star shaped sticker.

No comments: