Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Detailed Santa Ornament

I seem to be on an ornament kick.  Today I made another one featuring the Detailed Santa Ornament.  It took some trial and error, but I think I finally got it.

Because card stock is fairly thick and when rolled up does not want to unroll, I first die cut the detailed Santa image with photo copy paper (and that wasn't easy either), then die cut a section of it using a 3 3/8" circle framelit (retired circles framelits). This was adhered to a window sheet also die cut with the 3 3/8" circle framelit.
When dry, this unit was curled into a tight tube and inserted into a large ornament. Once inside, the window sheet/die cut image unfurled.
Before putting the top back on the ornament, I added some dazzling details inside the  ornament, then glued a real red ribbon at the top.

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...