Friday, October 21, 2016

Is Your DSP overwhelming You?

I have been a demonstrator for 8 years now, so I have accumulated 8 years of bits, pieces and 12 by 12" sheets of retired DSP.  It was getting to the point that the pile was becoming overwhelming and was beginning to take over my craft room.  There were over 3 Iris cases full, plus a card board box, a few shopping bags +++.  You get the idea! I wanted to use up some of this paper, but I'll be darned if I could find anything!  Can anyone relate to this?

One day I decided that it was the DSP or me!!

I determined what measurements I used most often, and I began to work away at the DSP pieces.

Warning, this process can be devastating!

Yes, it was hard to cut up the DSP into pieces. But I ended up going down memory lane - reminiscing about what cards I had made with what paper etc.




Depending on the size of remnant I cut them into one of the following sizes. 
  • 4 by 5 1/4" for card fronts
  • 4 by 5 1/4"
  • 3 3/4 by 5 1/4"
  • 3 by 5 1/4"
  • 2 3/4 by 5 1/4"
  • 2 1/2  by 5 1/4"
The rest I threw out.  Yes, I had to be brutal.  Anything smaller than 2 1/2 by 5 1/4" was thrown out!!!
After 20 pieces were in the pile, I used some duct tape to hold them together yet it was easy to remove pieces without the whole thing falling apart (except maybe the front piece and the last piece).

No, I did not cut up the 12 by 12 pieces, and I put them in a separate Iris case.  I also separated the Holiday papers and put them in another Iris case.

So, in essence I still used 3 Iris cases for the DSP but they were more organized and user friendly.

The process took most of the day, but it was well worth it.  That paper that was in 3 Iris cases, plus boxes etc.  now fit neatly into one Iris case.  And, I find I am now using my retired DSP pieces for various projects.

No comments: