Sunday, September 11, 2016

Small Candy Dish with Tea Candles

This is an idea I got from my downline Gail.  She gave me one as a present, and I thought it was so neat I decided to CASE it.  Gail put four real tea candles in them which she covered with DSP.  Because of a potential fire hazard, I put battery operated tea candles in them, and decorated them with Washi tape.

A 6 inch square piece of Pear Pizzazz was scored at 2 and 4", turned and scored again at 2 and 4".  Then it was scored again from the end points to the middle square, and these scored lines mountain folded to the inside to create the candy dish.  A hole punch punched holes in each triangular tip, and Baker's twine fed through it.
A 2 7/8" square piece of Pear Pizzazz DSP was adhered to each outer square.

Each battery operated tea candle was covered with 2 different patterns of Washi tape, the colours picking up the colour of the candy dish.





No comments: