Monday, July 11, 2016

Red Explosion Purse with Red Flower - Inkspiration Challenge #112 - Anything Goes with Red

I made a few explosion purses for my recent craft shows and they were popular especially with the  girls.
The challenge with Inkspiration #112 - was anything goes - with red.

So, I  make another purse, a red one this time, and I decorated it with a red poinsettia.  I thought I would get ahead of myself for Christmas.
I used the tutorial with Splitcoaststampers

Below is the front view of the purse.  I used a 12 by 12" piece of red polka dot DSP (retired), with Real Red cardstock for the lid and handle.

  •  This is the side view of the purse.  It is held closed with 2 small round pieces of self-adhesive velcro.


  •  The purse opens to reveal quite a large area which can have pictures applied to, or journalling done, or a small toy or some candy can be placed inside.
Inside was placed an insert with the image of a cute kitten at the bottom.  A tab, at the top, made using the Decorative Label punch makes the insert easy to grab. Note:  even the kitten has a red ribbon.


Supplies Used:
Stamp: Pretty Kitty
Inks:Black Memento, Smoky Slate, Real Red
Papers: Real Red cardstock, Always Artichoke, Red Polka Dot DSP (retired)
Accessories: Scoring tool, bone folder, strong adhesive, velcro, rhinestone, home made shimmer spray, Flower Builder punch, blender pen, Decorative Label Punch

No comments: