Sunday, June 5, 2016

60th Anniversary

One of my neighbour's is celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary today.  60 years!! Can You imagine?  What a feat!  They asked me to join them in their  celebration ,but unfortunately I was unable to go.
I did make them a card though, and since the 60th anniversary is represented by a diamond, I made the card as glittery as possible.


This is a 5 by 10" square card, with a base of Whisper White, layered with Dazzling Diamond glimmer paper, and then another layer of Whisper White.  On that I adhered a layer of  Irrestibly Yours paper sponged with Encore Silver ink.



 The heart image  was first die cut with Dazzling Diamond glimmer paper, but when I placed the image on the background cardstock, it was lost againt all the "whiteness" , so I die cut another heart in Basic Black card stock, and adhered the two of them together off setting them slightly.  I quite like the effect as it looks like there are shadows around the heart.

Some flowers were die cut in dazzling diamond glimmer paper and adhered to the die cut heart using dimensiionals. White pearls were attached to the center of each flower

I used the small numbers thinlet dies to make the year of the anniversary due cutting the same as I did the heart - first in dazzling diamond glimmer, then in basic black, adhering them together offsetting them slightly.  I then stamped and die cut the banner with the "anniversary" stamped on it using the "Number of Years" stamp set.

5/8" White Satin ribbon was attached on the left front of the card.  A bow of the same ribbon was adhered near the lower part of the card.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Number of Years, Bloomin' Love
Inks: Encore silver , black memento
Papers: Whisper White, Dazzling Diamond glimmer, Basic Black , Irrestibly Yours DSP
Accessories: Blooomin' Heart Thinlet die, small numbers thinlet dies, Number of years die, dimensionals

No comments: