Sunday, May 29, 2016

Buckhorn Spring Craft Show May 21/22, 2016

This was my first craft show of the season, and it was not a good start and I'm having serious doubts about continuing this activity.
Spring had been late in coming, even having snow a week ago, and all of a sudden it was summer. The temperature was in the high 20's C with a humidity factor of 28C or higher.  Even though I was in an air conditioned room I still felt the heat. Such a sudden sift in temperature was hard for me to adjust to.
But because of the late spring, at least the mosquitoes were not a pest as they were last year.
Plus I was experiencing some health issues. Thank goodness for some wonderful friends who volunteered to help me set up, take down and help me in the booth.
Sales were sluggish.  I covered my booth fees and that's about it.
All in all, it was not a good weekend.

Here are some pictures:
I have 2 more shows scheduled in July, and then I will assess whether or not to continue.

No comments: