Saturday, May 7, 2016

Another wreath for my craft show and a message for the people in Fort McMurray

Spring is finally here - I think - so I spent most of the day in the garden starting to split my perennials.  I do this every year,  repotting the dug up plants, and then having a plant sale the end of May.  In other years I have this task finished by now, but the warm weather has been so late in coming there was no chance to get in the garden.  There's a lot to do yet, but the largest of the plants, the hostas, are done.

After a short rest, I returned to the craft room to do some more work for my craft show in a couple of weeks.
The theme in the craft room was similar to the theme in the garden - flowers.
I made another wreath - lots of flowers, but no hostas.





All the time I was in the garden, and in the craft room, my thoughts were with the people of Fort McMurray, Alberta where an enormous forest fire is consuming the town and its surroundings.  Thousands of people have been evacuated and they have lost everything. I have been watching the news coverage as all the events and  carnage unfolded.
The stories are absolutely frightening and unbelievable.  My thought and prayers are with you during this difficult time.
In the light of this tragedy, I see the outpouring of  courage, generosity, kindness and gratitude----these are things that make us all proud Canadians.
Bless the police, firefighters and emergency responders who are working around the clock to tame this monster.  Firefighters are pouring in from all over the country. A friend of mine in Florida phoned to tell me that her son was going to Alberta to fight the fire.  As of today the fire is still not under control - it is actually increasing in size.  My thoughts continue to be the residents of this northern Alberta community.

No comments: