This is the last purse with matching cards I am making for the May long weekend. At the end of the post I will give a brief explanation of how I made the purse. My apologies for not doing this sooner but I have been volunteering at the Community Care foot clinic today and that has taken up most of my time.
Inside are 4 cards that do not have a sentiment on them, although I have included 9 different sentiments inside the purse.
The butterfly die was used to make a Rose Red butterfly on top of which was placed one made with gold foil paper.
Here are the directions on how to make the purse (thanks to Connie Babbert)
1. Cut a piece of DSP 7 by 11"
2. On the 11" side, score at 4 1/2 and 6 1/2"
3. On the 7" side, draw a faint pencil line at 1 1/2" and 3 3/4". Do this at both ends.
4. Cut 2 pieces of DSP 2 by 6" and score at 3/4 and 5 3/8"
5. Fold all score lines
7. Fold the angled sides.
8. Adhere the side pieces together along the scored seams.
9. Fold the top tab of the 2 by 6 piece over inside the purse to hold the sides in place.
10. Two pieces of 1/2 by 11 of Rose Red cardstock were attached to the top of the purse making sure the tops of the pieces were even.
10. I used the Deco Label framelit for the purse "latch", folded it in half over the top of the purse and inserted an antique brad through it.
11. A piece of 1 by 11" Rose Red cardstock was used for the handle. Some brads were inserted to hold the handles in place.
Hope these instructions are as clear as mud.