Today's card is a Valentine's Day card using the new stamp set "Bear Hugs" from the Occasions Catalogue. I used the sketch challenge with Can You Case It
- The 2 bears were stamped with Soft Suede ink and die cut using the coordinating "Bear Hugs Framelits". On a piece of Real Red ink, the heart was stamped using Black Memento and die cut using the same framelits. Another small red heart was punched from Real Red cardstock using the small heart punch.
- The base card is Real Red ink, layered with Color Me Irrestibly DSP with the wood grain pattern. Crumb Cake ink was sponged over the surface, and adhered to the card base.
- The larger heart was glued to the middle of the larger bear and brushed with Wink of Stella. The smaller heart was added to the belly of the smaller bear and also glittered.
- A 1 1/2 by 4" piece of Love Blossoms DSP was added near the middle, and a strip of Real Red cardstock embossed with the strip of hearts embossing folder (retired).
Before adhering this embossed strip, the small bear was attached with the legs under the strip, leaving the right hand unattached.
- After attaching the Real Red embossed strip, the larger bear was adhered with dimensionals with its feet extending over the strip.
- The sentiment is from "Good Greetings" and is stamped in Soft Suede on Whisper White. The edges of this are sponged with Crumb Cake.
- On the upper right some "It's My Party Enamel dots"
Stamps: Bear Hugs, Good Greetings
Inks: Soft Suede, Black Memento, Crumb Cake
Papers:Real Red, Color Me Irrestibly DSP Woodgrain pattern, Real Red, Whisper White, Love Blossoms DSP.
Accessories: Bear Hugs Framelits, Small heart punch, Hearts embossing folder strip, It's My Party enamal dots, dimensionals, Wink of Stella glitter brush.
Here are some of the winter pictures I took after it stopped snowing around 4 p.m.