The challenge with Try Stampin on Tuesday is a sketch challenge - snowflakes can be added if we wished to. Guess what, I wished to. I decided to make a snowflake shaker card.
- This is a 5 by 5 Pacific Point base card which has had a shaker element built into the front of it.
- I used Fun Foam to make the shaker, die cutting the circle using the Circle Framelits. The Whisper White front layer was die cut at the same time. I also die cut a piece of Christmas DSP that had snowflakes in the pattern- to place behind the shaker.
- A window sheet, die cut with the circle framelits was attached to the wrong side of the whisper white layer using the Fine Tip glue pen.
- The die cut fun foam was adhered to the DSP which was attached to a piece of Whisper White cardstock slightly smaller than the card size.
- Frosted Sequins were used as the shaker elements.
- On the right side I used the embossed resistance technique using Plenty of Wishes embossed with white embossing powder and then the panel sponged with Pacific Point ink. A paper towel was used to make the snowflakes "pop". A circle framelit was used to cut the circle around the shaker, and it was then adhered to the front of the card. A piece of silver ribbon was adhered to the edge of this panel.
- The rest of the Whisper White card front was stamped randomly with the snowflake stamp from Happy Scenes in Pacific Point ink.
- Before adding the snowflake embellishments, I die cut a circle of dazzling diamond glimmer paper (use 2 sizes of circles and die cut at the same time) and adhered it around the periphery of the shaker circle.
- The embellishment consists of a small snowflake punched in Pacific Point using the Snow Flurry punch. On top of that, and adhered with a glue dot is a snowflake punched in dazzling diamond glimmer paper, using a non SU punch. In the center is a silver sequin.
- Only the first part of the sentiment is on the front of the card. The rest is on the inside.
Stamps: Flurry of Wishes, Happy Scenes, Sentiment (unknown)
Inks: Versa Mark, Pacific Point, Black Memento
Papers: Pacific Point, Whisper White, Fun Foam, Dazzling Diamond Glimmer paper, Window sheet
Accessories: Circles Framelits, Frosted Sequins, Snow Flurry Punch, snowflake punch (unknown), glue dots, silver sequin, silver ribbon.