To make a New Year's card using the colours gold, silver and black was the challenge with The Friday Mashup this week.
New Year's Eve reminds me of flares exploding in the air, champagne in hand, sparkles and sequins on dresses.
So, that's what I tried to portray on my card:
- On a 3 1/4 by 4 1/4" piece of Silver glimmer paper, I die cut a star in the middle using a star framelit, then I rotated the same star framelit on the same spot at least 3 times to obtain this "explosing in air" effect. This was matted with Basic Black cardstock.
- The year "2016" was die cut using the alphabet thinlet dies, and adhered them to the middle of the "explosion".
- Gold sequins were randomly added around the date.
- Champagne glasses, fron "Making Spirits Bright" were stamped on a separate piece of Whisper White cardstock. The glass was coloured with Wink of Stella glitter brush (gold), and the glass contents with the clear glitter. The bubbles were cut out and adhered to the solution inside the glass. The glasses were then cut out and adhered to the card front.
- The basic card is Basic Black cardstock lined with design gold vellum paper. Silver glitter ribbon was added around the vellum prior to adhering the vellum to the card base.
- a row of gold sequins was adhered to the bottom ot the card front.
- The image panel was added to the card front using dimensionals.
- The sentiment was from "Good Greetings", embossed in gold and matted with gold glimmer paper.
Stamps: Making Spirits Bright, Good Greetings
Ink: Black Memento, Versa Mark
Papers: Basic Black, Designer gold vellum, silver glimmer paper, gold glimmer paper, whisper white
Accessories: Gold sequins, Star Framelits, alphabet framelits, gold embossing powder, silver glimmer ribbon, wink of stella glitter brush (clear and gold), Fine tip glue pen, dimensionals