Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Merry - The Paper Players #264

I bet none of you have ever done this - finished a card only to find that the card was finished upside down.  I did that today, and I'm feeling a little foolish, but the card looks okay.  It just doesn't match the sketch with the Paper Players 100%

 
Can you see where some of the elements are upside down?

The focal image of this card is the "Wondrous Wreath", which I stamped first in Old Olive, then with Versa mark and gold embossing, and finally the Real Red berries.  A red bow finished it up nicely.  I applied dazzling details to the bow and the berries.

I start with an Old Olive cardstock base, layered with Whisper White, then Merry Moments DSP.  The next layer is another pattern from the same DSP and it is matted with Always Artichoke cardstock. One end of this Always Artichoke is punched with the scallop border punch.

Horizontally across this unit is a 1" piece of Always Artichoke which is embossed with the Decorative Dots Embossing folder.

The wreath is adhered with dimensionals to a Whisper White piece which has been stamped with the Hardwood background stamp and Crumb Cake ink.  This piece is matted with Always Artichoke.

The word "merry" Is die cut in Real Red using the Christmas Greeting Thinlets.

Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: