Monday, September 14, 2015

3D Christmas Star with Glitter - The Friday Mashup #225

This was a challenge that I loved to do.  I was planning on making many of these 3D Christmas stars, so this challenge with the Friday Mashup  got me going a bit earlier than planned. I anyone is interested in making this 3D item I have a tutorial on my tutorial blog 

The challenge with the Friday Mashup this week is to make a 3D object using lots of glitter.


After making the star, I sprayed it with an aerosol glue and sprinkled diamond dust all over it. The picture really doesn't do the glitter factor justice.  At the top I tied a double red ribbon and hot glued a Winter Wonderland embellishment.

There is more glitter in the center front and back.  Here is a close up:




I used the retired snowflake #2 die and Red Glimmer paper. Popped on that is a dazzling diamond glimmer paper snowflake punched with the new snowflake punch.  The middle is a 1" Red glimmer paper circle.  They are all hot glued together.

No comments: