I bought this Eagle stamp when I was in Vancouver a couple of weeks ago, and thought the image would be perfect for this challenge.
- The base card is Basic Black cardstock, layered with Crumb Cake carstock embossed with the Boho Chic embossing folder. Before embossing I stamped the image of the single tree from "Lovely as a Tree" multiple times near the bottom, using Old Olive ink. The images didn't turn out as well as I hoped. The idea was for the Eagle to appear to be flying over the forest.
- On the left hand side I adhered a piece of Go Wild DSP pack, sponging the edges with Crumb Cake Ink.
- Near the bottom, horizontally, I embossed a piece of Basic Gray cardstock with the Woodgrain folder and sponged the edges with Basic Gray ink.
- The Eagle was coloured with ink pads and an Aquapainter, using multiple shades of browns and rusts. The head was highlighted with a white gel pen.
- The image panel was sponged with Crumb Cake ink and then matted with Basic black cardstock. It was adhered to the card front using dimensionals.
- The embellishment is an Eagle feather. I stamped a feather "Four Feathers" stamp set, using Versa Mark and Crumb Cake ink and embossed it with Clear embossing powder. It was die cut using the Feathers framelits. I attached it to the upper left corner using a glue dot and tying some linen thread in a bow around the top. Another glue dot near the bottom kept it from sliding out of place.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog