I turned the sketch on its side so that my image would fit better.
- The basic cardstock is Bermuda Bay, layered with Whisper White cardstock, and a strip of Bermuda Bay/white DSP (retired).
- The background of the image panel was made by inking up a large stamping block with 3 colours of recently retired stamp pads: Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantalope and Coastal Cabana. The inked block was spritzed with water and stamped onto a piece of watercolour paper. While it was wet I added some coarse sea salt to the paper, and then let the paper dry.
- When the paper was dry, I rubbed off the salt. The salt left almost starlike marks in the background.
- The image of the Sweetbriar Rose was stamped with Memento ink and coloured with the blendabilities that still worked. Some Soft Sky blendabilites was painted around the perimeter of the image.
- Gold dazzling details was applied to the center of each flower, and a clear epoxy circle placed in the upper right corner.
- Instead of a banner, I elected to attach a doubled up piece of 1 1/2" white Jute ribbon near the top left of the image panel.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog