Saturday, June 13, 2015

Large Gift Bag Using Gift Bag Punch Board

Yesterday it was the Watercolor Wings stamp set.  Today the gift bag punch board.  The video from Stampin' Up made it look so easy.  But it took me 5 tries to get it right.  So, when I made this one I used retired materials in case I goofed it up again.  And what do you know?  I got it right!

Here's the video from Stampin' Up:



I made the large gift bag, so I used a 12" by 12"  piece of retired DSP in Calypso Coral.  After scoring and punching, I cut 3" off the top, reversed the pattern and adhered it back onto the lower section.

A piece of gold sequin ribbon was applied to cover the seam.

I didn't use the board to punch holes for a ribbon, opting the punch 2 holes using the hand held punch.  Thick Baker's twine in Tangerine Tango and white was used for the handles.

On the front, a 2" Whisper White strip was punched with the Triple Punch at both ends.  I used the "Summer Silhouette" stamp set to create a collage in Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral, and Pale plum.  This was adhered to the front of the bag.

For the tag, I used the stamp set "Merry Everything" and stamped the sentiment in Calypso Coral.  It was punched using the coordinating Note Tag Punch.  A hole was punched using the 1/8" hand held punch, and it was attached to the bag with a piece of Whisper White Baker's twine.

"Thanks" an expressions natural element was glued to the bottom using tombo adhesive.

The flower was an after thought.  I couldn't make up my mind whether a white flower or a calypso coral flower would look the best, so I made one of each.  I opted for the white flower.  Both were made with the Fun Flower die, now retired.

Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments: