Sunday, June 14, 2015

Happy Birthday - Masculine Card from The Friday Mashup #213

The challenge at the Friday Mashup this week is to create a Father's Day theme using the following colours :  Island Indigo, Garden Green, Cajun Craze.  I didn't need any more Father's Day cards, so I made a birthday card.




  • The base cardstock is Island Indigo, matted with Whisper White cardstock.
  •  The "Gorgeous Grunge" stamp was used to stamp lines using Island Indigo,imitating a road
  • Then I added a strip of Garden Green cardstock punched with the Scallop border punch.  At the right side 3 small banners, punched  with the small banner punch werre attached just under the green scalloped strip.
  • A splotch of Island Indigo was stamped in the upper middle.
  • On a separate piece of Whisper White cardstock, the image of the card was stamped with Cajun Craze.  It was die cut using the circles framelits.  The edge of this circle was sponged with the same colour of ink as the car.  Dimensionals were used to adhere this circle to the card.
  • I found a piece of retired DSP that had a chevron pattern on it in Island Indigo.  It reminded me of the chevrons painted on the 401 Highway so that you can monitor your own speed.  I cut a 3/4" piece and adhered it to the left side.  A 1/8" strip of Cajun Craze cardstock was attached to this DSP.
  • Using the 1/4" hand held punch, 3 circles in the 3 colours were punched and glued to the upper right.
  • The sentiment, stamped in Cajun Craze is from "Guy Greetings".
  • Crystal Effects was applied to the 1/8" strip, the 1/4" dots, and a small dot was placed on each of the banners.  Crystal Effects was also applied to the car, but it did made the ink "run" a bit looking like I colour washed the car.
Supplied Used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

brrenwick said...

I keep telling myself I don't need this stamp set, but then I see an awesome card like this and it makes me want it!! Great use of the challenge colors! Thanks for playing along at Friday Mashup!

Lisa said...

Great use of the colors on this masculine birthday card.

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!