Friday, May 29, 2015

Hummingbird at Trumpet Vine - The Friday Mashup #211

I spent all day in the garden today because my plant sale is tomorrow.  All the flower beds had to look perfect, and so did my little transplants.
I started splitting my perennials 3 weeks ago and the use of a root booster really helped them to thrive.  The growth experienced by each plant had been phenomenal!
Today I put up the tent in my driveway (the forecast is for rain) and arranged 4 tables in front of it along the sides of the driveway.
Each plant was assessed, priced ,watered and labeled with their name.  Some names I absolutely could not remember - I hope I remember by tomorrow.

When I saw the challenge with the Friday Mashup late this afternoon I was absolutely delighted.  I love watercolouring, and the challenge this week is just that.

This week's Mashup! Challenge is:
  • Create a project with "Watercoloring".
  • Create a project using "the Sketch".
  • or Mash it Up! and create a "Watercolored Project using the Sketch".
I grabbed my Stampin' Up Wonder Watercolor crayons and my Aqua painter and spent several enjoyable hours watercolouring. The stamp set I used was from Stampendous,  Here's the result:


 
The images were stamped with Memento ink on Whisper White cardstock.  They were coloured with  watercolour crayons and an aqua painter, using 3 shades of each colour. Some pink glitter was applied to the hummingbird and the trumpet flowers.

The ribbon and bow were coloured with a Perfect Plum marker and added to the right side of the card.

Stampin' Up Supplies Used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

What a lovely card, Maria. The colours are gorgeous and I simply love the hummingbird! Thanks for joining us this week for the Friday Mashup Challenge.

Unknown said...

Really pretty card, love your colors! Thanks for playing along at the Friday Mashup!