Thursday, May 14, 2015

Ceramic Coaster using By the Tide

The craft show is day after tomorrow, so I'm down to the wire making gifts for Father's Day.  So, I made another coaster, this time a ceramic one, using the stamp set "By the Tide"





The image was stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock that had been cut to size for fit on the coaster.  The corners were rounded.  Because I planned on Mod Podging the cardstock to the ceramic tile, I needed  to use a waterproof ink.  I just happened to have Brown Stazon ink and I used that.
After stamping the images, the edges were sponged with the ink, and then the stamped cardstock was podged to the tile.  After it was dry, I podged it again.  Then when it was dry again, I sprayed 2 coats of Krylon on it to waterproof it.

Hope it goes over well.

No comments: