Friday, April 10, 2015

Baby Shaker Card - The Friday Mashup #204

Today has been a busy day for me.  My sister in Vancouver is still ill, and she wants me to visit her.  So last night I booked a flight for mid June, after looking at flights on the computer until I was cross eyed.
Then this morning my coffee pot broke, so I had to buy a new one.  I just can't do without my coffee.
And then, just when I'm the busiest, SU orders keep coming in.  That's a good thing.  I'm just stressed.

So, what better way to destress than to make a card.  I decided on the challenge with The Friday Mashup because I love making the newer shaker (or confetti) cards.  After checking through my cards for a craft show coming up soon, I decided to make this card a baby card.



This week's Mash Up! Challenge: 
  • Create a "Shaker card".
  • Create a " Congrats themed" project.
  • or Mash it Up! and create a "Congrats themed project with a Shaker element".

Starting with a piece of Lulliby DSP, I used the Little Letters Framelits dies to die cut the work "BABY" just above the half way point.
Then I constructed a pouch out of window sheet and Washi tape and filled it with confetti that I had made using the 1/8" and 1/4" hand held punches, and added some crystal beads to the mix.  After sealing the pouch, it was attached to the back of the DSP using dimensionals.

You can see the pouch filled with confetti etc better in this view.

The DSP was matted with Very Vanilla cardstock and a piece of Crisp Cantalope thick Baker's twine was wrapped 3 times around the bottom and tied in a knot.  A bow was added with a glue dot, and then I found this cute little kitten button and added it to the bow using hot glue.

This unit was then added to the Crisp Cantalope base card again using dimensionals.

Using the stamp set "Baby We've Grown" the image of the little bunny was stamped with Stazon ink, and coloured using markers and a blender pen.  It was then cut out and adhered to the upper right of the card.  I hand cut a little bow with Crisp Cantalope cardstock and put a rhinestone in the middle of it.

Four stars were punched using the Itty Bitty star punch and the Dazzling Diamond Glimmer paper.  Two of the stars I coloured with the Crisp Cantalope marker; two I left alone.  They were adhered in pairs (one coloured, the other not) on the upper right and on the right side below the word.

The sentiment is from "Sweet Essentials", and was stamped with Basic Black on Very Vanilla.  Both ends were notched, and curled, and then adhered to the card bottom with glue dots.

Supplies Used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...