Monday, March 16, 2015

The Open Sea Father's Day Card - a CASE

This card was cased from one I saw on  Patty Bennett in her video in which she describes the watercolour wash salt tchnique. 
After seeing the video, I  made a number of watercolour backgrounds, and one was similar to hers, so I cased Patty's card also using the Open Sea  stamp set and the cool fun fold she used.

This is what the watercoloured strip looked like before stamping

Start with a 4 1/4 by 11" piece of Marina Mist cardstock and score at 5 1/2.  Fold the front cover back on itself.
On the front of the folded portion, adhere a stamped and distressed image of the "log". Sponge the edges with Basic Black ink. Stamp the image of the world map in Stazon ink and with a dauber fill in certain areas with Marina Mist ink.  Punch this out with a 2" circle punch, sponge with Marina Mist, and mat with Marina Mist cardstock.  Attach only half of this to the front half overlapping the other image.
On the inside, I adhered a piece of Whisper White cardstock and the colour washed piece stamped  with the ship was adhered to the bottom of this. My strip wasn't quite long enough to go from end to end, but I like it the way it is.  The sentimentwas stamped above this strip is from "A Dozen Thoughts" a retired stamp set.

Supplied used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: