Saturday, March 7, 2015

Easter chicks - a Partial Case

I have seen the little chicks made using the Bird Builder punch on various cards on Pinterest, and wanted to make a similar card.  The card closest to the one I partially cased was made by Laura Lipe.

I did a few things differently, however.

The chicks were supposed to be made by refeeding the punched bird from the bird builder punch, but I had a great deal of difficulty with that, so I trimmed the bird down by hand.  The wings were made using the Scallop oval punch and attached to the body with a dimensional. The chicks and wings were sponged with Crushed Curry ink.  A Tangerine Tango marker was used to colour the beak.

I know, the feet look a little odd.  I punched some leaf sprigs in Tangerine Tango from the Bird Builder punch, removed one of the leaves, and the remainder were trimmed to form the feet.  I don't think I succeeded very well.  They were sponged with Soft Suede before attaching them to the chick with a glue dot.  The chicks were adhered to the card front using a dimensional.

The grass in the background was made by an "oldie but goodie" stamp set "Inspired by Nature", stamping first with Wild Wasabi and a second time with Old Olive.  Then with a sponge dauber the ground was sponged with Wild Wasabi.

The eye is a black rhinestone which I saved from Halloween several years ago.

Three scallop circles adhered together at angles was used to make the clouds in the sky.  Marina Mist ink was used for that.

The sentiment is from "Delightful Dozen", also a retired set.

Here are the supplies I used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like how you did the chicks, with scalloped edges. handmade cuts makes them unique.