Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Celebrate You - The Starburst Technique

Today (sob) is the last day for Sale-a-bration.  And the last day that I get to use those wonderful free products.  So, I thought I would make a Starburst card, and since I have not made one before, I looked for a tutorial and found one on You Tube by Kay Kalthoff

I used the Best Year Ever SAB paper, and the Best Year Ever Accessories.  The flower was made using the Flower Frenzy Die.

I started out with a base layer of 2 3/4 by 5", which will be hidden so it could be any colour.  The half point mark (2 1/2") was marked.

Four pieces of 1 1/2 by 4" of the DSP were cut and then cut in half diagonally.

Adhesive was applied to the entire base layer, and the diagonal half pieces were laid down starting at the middle and working outward to both edges.

After all were adhered, the base was turned over, and the excess DSP cut off.  The remaining piece was adhered to the 4 by 5 1/4" layer (Calypso Coral).  A piece of Coastal Cabana ribbon was placed around the bottom edge and then I adhered the flower embellishment.

The flower was die cut using the Flower Frenzy die.  The large piece is Calypso Coral, the smaller flower is Hello Honey, and the middle is Coastal Cabana.  The edges were sponged and curled up and adhered together with the petals alternating.  Two leaves were also die cut using Pear Pizzazz, with the leaf marking put on using an Always Artichoke marker.  In the center of the flower, I place a large rhinestone.

The sentiment is from "Cupcake Party"

Supplies Used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments: