Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Congratulations on Your Engagement - a Confetti Card

When my sister phoned to tell me that my niece was engaged to be married I was absolutely delighted, so I immediately sat down and made a very special card for her.

I had seen a demo of a confetti card done earlier in the week, so I thought what a neat engagement card that would made.

Leave me a comment if you would like me to do a tutorial.

First I cut two pieces of 4 by 3 pieces of paper - one a piece of Something borrowed DSP and one Whisper White.  Holding then together I die cut a Heart shape through both layers using the heart framelits.

The word "Congrats", from the stamp set "Your Perfect Day" was embossed with white embossing powder on a piece of Window Sheet (I didn't want the other words on the sentiment so I covered them with scotch tape).

The window sheet was attached to the back of the die cut DSP with snail adhesive.

In the meantime, I made a small pouch cutting down a clear envelope.  Then, using a 1/8" hand held punch, I punched numerous confetti pieces in whisper white, sahara sand, crisp cantalope and silver glimmer.  These pieces were put inside the pouch to which sticky strip tape was applied to the both open ends.  After the confetti was inside, the pouch was taped closed.  This pouch was attached to the window sheet, and then both were attached to the Whisper White heart.  So the pouch with the confetti is between the 2 layers of paper.

If you look closely you can see the confetti in the pouch under the window sheet.  It was hard taking a picture because of the glare of the light on the window sheet.


The base card is Sahara Sand, layered with Whisper White and then Your Perfect Day DSP.  On the left I attached a piece of 7/8" Sahara Sand lace trim.  A bow made out of the same trim was adhered to this ribbon, and a piece of Crisp Cantalope tied around it.

The sentiment "Congratulations on your engagement" are from a retired stamp set "Love to Laughter" and was embossed with white embossing powder on Crisp Cantalope cardstock.  This was die cut using the Itty Bitty Banner framelit die.  It was attached to the lower half of the card part way over the heart using dimensionals.  A strip of rhinestones was added below the sentiment.

Five flowers from the "Petite Petals" stamp set were stamped in Crisp Cantalope and punched using the coordinating punch.  They were added to the front of the card using glue dots.

Here's the supplies I used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


1 comment:

Slippers647 said...

It looks like this card has a lot of small details the camera did not capture.