Sunday, February 1, 2015

Button covered Picture frames

I love buttons!
I've been working on some new upcycling projects.  I found 2 wooden picture frames covered in patterned paper and painted an awful lime green.
I scrapped off the paper, and repainted the frames white, and then covered them with buttons.  I have a whole stash of buttons that I bought from a lady at a market - all colours and sizes, but mainly browns, blacks and white - some very old.  They were in a mason jar that had the green tinged colour on it, so the jar is probably worth more than the buttons.
I sorted the buttons because I wanted only the white ones.  Than I hot glued them to the front and sides  of the frame and I quite like how it looks. I think you can pick out the really old ones. Some still have the original thread attached.

I have a vintage looking stamp, the image of which I might use to put in the frame.  I have a few other ideas as well.  I'll just have to try then out and see out they look.

The other frame I covered in red/pink buttons in honour of Valentine's Day.  These buttons I bought as I didn't have enough of those colours to cover the frame.

My plan is to fill this one with paper roses.

I think I like the white one better, but I'll reserve judgment until I have them both completed.


No comments: