Thursday, February 19, 2015

Birthday Confetti Card - a CASE

This card I CASEd from Cindy Wilkinson here  I saw it on her blog this morning and I just loved it.

Some people, including Cindy, call this a faux shaker card, and I guess in some ways it is.  I call it a confetti card, because the window sheet pouch is filled with confetti (made by punching the Star border punch)

To make the card I started with a Tangerine Tango base layered with Birthday Bash DSP.

The confetti pouch is quite easy to make.  Take 2 pieces of  3 1/2 by 4 3/4" of window sheet and apply Washi tape on 3 sides of it.  To this pouch add confetti made by punching  pieces of Tangerine Tango, and Bermuda bay cardstock and punching them with the Star border punch.  For some bling I unstrung some gold sequins and added it to the mix (save 4 or 5 of them to decorate the outside of the card).  After the confetti has been added, seal the top with a piece of Washi tape.

Before attaching it to the card, I wrapped a piece of Calypso coral ribbon from the Best Year Ever Accessory pack (SAB) and tied it into a bow near the top.  The sentiment, stamped in Tangerine Tango and die cut with the banner framelit was added to the top with one edge slightly under the ribbon.  Dimensionals were used for this.

The sentiment was stamped using Bermuda Bay ink, and punched with the 2 1/2" circle punch, then layered with a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock which had been die cut with the Starburst framelit. The two were adhered together with dimensionals, and added to the card with dimensionals as well.
The sentiment was stamped a second time with Tangerine Tango, and the banner "sentiment" was cut out and attached to the punched out one with two small pieces of dimensionals.

The confetti pouch was attached to the card with Vellum tape.  If you don't have any of that you can use glue dots.  Snail adhesive will show through the window sheet.

Here's a side view that shows the confetti in the pouch and the sentiment attached to the card.

The last thing I did was take those extra sequins and add them several places on the front of the card.

Here's a list of supplies I used:

 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



1 comment:

Cindee Wilkinson said...

Love it! Thanks for mentioning me!